Competitive advantages of real-time, automated online data collection, & syndication
You compete on the quality, completeness, and timeliness of the data behind the services you provide. With the explosion of data on the web, you must be able to efficiently collect, transform, integrate, and migrate the right data to enhance or create new data services — or risk ceding advantage to a competitor who has better data than you. But extracting web data efficiently and completely is impossible using fragile web-scraping scripts or manual cut-and-paste processes.
Kapow changes the game. With the Kapow Katalyst™ platform you can automatically extract and transform data from virtually any web-based data source, including HTML, XML, AJAX, JSON, Flash, FTP, Excel and PDF. With Kapow's powerful and easy-to-use ETL capabilities, maximize process efficiency and ensure the quality and compatibility of extracted data with your existing information systems. Gone are the days of having to rewrite applications to access their data. And the teams of employees who have been manually cutting-and-pasting web data can now be rededicated from drudgery to driving innovation.
Featured Customer Success Stories in Automated Data Collection:
With Kapow, analysts and traders get real-time information on factors that affect trading price.
- In 2007, the EU introduced requirements for greater transparency in the utilities market.
- Organizations affected by the new regulations had to deliver hourly, daily and weekly reports online.
- Deutsche Börse wanted to capture this information in real time to inform trading decisions.
- With Kapow, they were able to extract and transform data in real time, providing analysts and traders with critical information affecting trading price.
- The solution retrieves information from 150 websites.
- Kapow was the only vendor who could fulfill the requirements in their timeframe.
- “With Kapow, we built powerful fundamental data models. Analysts and traders get critical factors that affect the price of a trade in real-time.” - Mario Schultz, Director, Market Data & Analytics, Deutsche Börse
With Kapow, the energy division of IHS can monitor thousands of sites for factors affecting supply and demand, without relying on offshore resources for web intelligence.
- The energy division of IHS needed to monitor thousands of government regulatory product vendor websites for factors that influence oil and gas supply and demand.
- They were relying on off-shore resources to access web data, reducing their control of what is a strategic aspect of their business.
- With Kapow's automated web data acquisition, they can gather and aggregate critical web information in real time without outsourcing.
- No coding or manual data extraction is required.
- Increased efficiency with automated data extraction.
- Enhanced and improved quality of master data.
- Enhanced product offerings based on better web data.
- They needed to scale quickly.
- Kapow's visual scripting environment enabled the Live Matrix developers to scale quickly.
- Based on a successful POC involving 20 challenging sites, Live Matrix decided to move to Kapow for web intelligence.
- With Kapow's state of the art software, Live Matrix met their launch date and became the first TV Guide for the web.
Automating web data extraction was key to expanding business for PPG Industries, the world's leading provider of coatings and specialty products and services.
- An insurance company has outsourced its claims department to PPG. PPG handles claims requests from car owners through a call center application.
- PPG needs access to each insurance policy data, which typically resides on a mainframe.
- They are now encountering clients whose data resides in web applications. They need to automate web data extraction and integrate the data with internal systems to replace time consuming manual data processing by call center staff.
- Kapow robots perform web data extraction automatically.
- Robots are wrapped in web services, which make them easy to integrate into the existing solution.
- Automating web data extraction and integration will result in an estimated 50,000 additional cases from the insurance company.