Create API access to legacy applications 90% faster
Creating API access to legacy applications is often the #1 barrier to overcome before new applications can tap into existing data and processes. Typically, re-writing an application to expose published APIs can take years and cost millions of dollars in development resources or consultancy fees.
Kapow eliminates the need to rewrite web-based legacy applications. In about the same time it takes to click through the application in a web browser, Kapow lets you wrap your existing packaged apps, portal and business apps into standard Java/.NET APIs or SOAP/REST services. You get automated access to the data and processes within legacy apps 90% faster and 80% cheaper than other methods.
Featured Customer Success Stories in API Enablement:
Audi boosts employee productivity by integrating services and tools from numerous sources into one convenient intranet portal – implementation time of integration projects reduced by up to 75 percent.
> Download Case Study
- Audi wanted to simplify its business processes across all company sites by extending its intranet and integrating different processes and tools into a central portal.
- Employees were using various available online services that were slow and cumbersome in their daily work that facilitated daily tasks, but also were slow and cumbersome, as inconsistent navigation set-ups throughout the various services or pop-up ads distracted staff in their workflow.
- With Kapow Software, Audi flawlessly integrated internal and external applications into the intranet portal while adhering to relevant security regulations.
- The software allowed each application interface to be exactly adjusted to the needs of the particular user at the time.
- Today, the internal portal platform consists of eight localized country portals being used by about 60,000 people.
- It integrates more than 15 services and applications, which have all helped to simplify and automate Audi's internal workflow processes.
- Audi's IT department now can flexibly integrate new services on demand within 1-2 weeks instead of 1-2 months and quickly turn around requests easily.
The global logistics leader saves recoding time and costs by using Kapow to API-enable 15 web applications.
- DHL needed to API-enable and integrate 15 distributed web applications for Deutsche Post World Network and DHL into an Oracle WebLogic portal without re-coding any of the existing applications.
- With more than 2 million registered users, they needed a highly scalable solution that could handle 100,000 requests per hour with 300 concurrent sessions.
- Traditional SOA methods would have required implementing a service layer directly in the current applications with an expensive long term consulting engagement.
- Kapow enabled them to integrate 15 distributed web applications into the Oracle WebLogic portal without re-coding.
- The solution meets current requirements (100,000 requests per hour/300 concurrent sessions) and is scalable to meet future demand.
- Applications were API-enabled at a fraction of the cost and in record time compared to traditional methods.
- By leveraging the Kapow Katalyst™ platform, which has a stateless server that scales linearly with the number of CPUs available, they can meet current requirements and quickly scale the solution to meet growing demand.
With Kapow, MTU unified portals on a common infrastructure without recoding.
- MTU is Germany's leading producer of aircraft engines and components for the military and commercial market.
- They needed to integrate applications into the company's intranet.
- Competing solutions were not able to meet their requirements.
- They used Kapow to integrate 10 applications via clipping into their portal environment.
- Data was integrated into the portal environment without coding or data conversion errors.
- Significant savings in development time and effort.
- Extends the value of existing assets without costly rework.