Kapow Software enables quick and painless content migration into Oracle WebCenter
Kapow leverages the user interface of Oracle WebCenter system to automatically load content visually without the use of any specific API. The solution's intuitive visual point-and-click Interactive Development Environment (IDE) enables surgical data extraction of all content formats, including static HTML pages, as well as cleansing and standardization of all content through its powerful data transformation functionality.
Featured Customer Success Stories in Content Migration with Oracle WebCenter:
With Kapow, content migration was complete in 2 ½ weeks.
- The Department of Labor needed to migrate 3,500 pages of content from their intranet portal (Labornet) into Oracle WebCenter.
- The content included ASP, HTML pages and 14,000 assets, including images, Word, PDF, PowerPoint, MP3 and WMV files.
- They evaluated a “black box” approach, but ultimately chose the Kapow automated solution because it provided the most effective way to extract metadata and binary content without the need for extra coding.
- Kapow was able to crawl the file system directly for content and loop through all the source data, including “orphaned” content.
- Content was loaded directly into Oracle WebCenter through the web front-end.
- They spent 5 days on development.
- The migration was complete in 2.5 weeks.
The U.S. Forest Service is saving 40,000 hours of manual effort by migrating content to their new CMS with Kapow.
- They need to migrate 100+ individual forestry websites, comprising 45,000 pages of content, onto a single platform driven by Oracle WebCenter.
- Manual content migration would require an estimated 40,000 hours.
- Using Kapow, content migration is automatic.
- Content migration requires no coding and no content freeze.
- Content migration will be complete in 4-6 weeks.
- No risk of data conversion errors.
The U.S. Navy migrated content from 22 portals and thousands of websites into Oracle CMS using Kapow.