Automated, cost effective SharePoint Content Migration solution
You have chosen SharePoint to manage your digital assets. However, the hard work of migrating your legacy content is still ahead of you. In order to migrate the thousands of files in your system, you are faced with either a cumbersome manual process or having to write custom scripts.
Kapow Software provides the only automated solution that helps you migrate legacy content from any source – including any CMS, web application or document repository - into SharePoint. You also accelerate your migration process as you don't need to code migration scripts with Kapow Katalyst. With Katalyst, you build automated migration workflows via a visual editor. You view the content as it appears in your browser and select exactly what you want to migrate and precisely how it should be transformed.
And when you create your extraction and transformation instructions, you verify the accuracy of the actual output, in real time. Katalyst automatically tests these rules against your actual content and alerts you when you need to make an adjustment to the instructions.
Whether your content is structured or unstructured, static or dynamic, housed in flat files or another CMS, Katalyst can extract, transform and enrich your content, map source content to target templates, and load it all directly into SharePoint.
Katalyst helps you accomplish your SharePoint migration in weeks instead of months:
- Flexible Migration: Automate migration from any source, including CMS, web applications, document repositories, etc.
- Highly Accurate: Custom scripts and manual copying create errors that are not detected until days or weeks later. Because Katalyst automatically checks for errors as the workflows are created, you address these problems early in the migration process.
- Shrink Migration Windows: Map content into your new taxonomy, including complex transformations on content and metadata with NO CODING. Avoid manual processes or time sunk building custom scripts.
- Enrich Your Data: Automatically augment metadata to greatly improve search and content accessibility.
Featured Customer Success Stories in Sharepoint Content Migration:
Codan, the third largest insurance company in Scandinavia, went from legacy to SharePoint CMS in a few weeks.
- Codan needed to migrate approximately 2,000 pages of content from 2 legacy systems into Microsoft SharePoint.
- Manual and scripted approaches did not meet their time and resource requirements.
- Kapow was used to extract source content from legacy systems and transform it for loading into SharePoint.
- No coding was required.
- After a 3 day POC and 5 days of basic robot development, Codan was able to complete the rest of the migration within a couple of weeks.
- Nearly 100% of content was migrated automatically.
A global financial services company modernized its intranet platform that supports approximately 5,000 U.S. financial advisors. The company intranet receives about two million page views per month and is the most widely used communication and knowledge-sharing vehicle for the company, servicing nearly 15,000 associates across more than 2,300 locations.
- The company needed to transition from a highly customized content management system to SharePoint 2010 with minimum impact to end users and content authors.
- Kapow Katalyst allowed the company to both crawl the content of the Vignette system and use its database connector to capture additional metadata.
- The team was able to build repeatable automated extraction, transformation and upload workflows to move content from legacy systems into the new SharePoint taxonomy and platform.
- The Katalyst automation-led approach enabled this customer to migrate 8,000 pages of content in only 4 weeks.
- Katalyst also transformed all content to exploit advanced SharePoint features such as Web Part Pages – without developing any code.